Ultimate Packages are suspended until further notice, as IMAX and Planetarium are not open at this time.
PLAN YOUR ULTIMATE ONE-DAY FIELD TRIP TO SCIENCE NORTH
Bring your class to Science North for the entire day! Your visit includes:
- Admission to the four-floor science centre, including admission to the F. Jean MacLeod Butterfly Gallery
- Admission to the digital Planetarium*, the first of its kind in Northern Ontario
- Unique multimedia experiences
- A school program of your choice
- A giant-screen IMAX® film* with pop and popcorn
- A healthy lunch
All educational experiences are booked in one-hour intervals. School programs are generally 50 minutes in length, with some exceptions. School programs are not offered on weekends, holidays, nor throughout the summer.
Note: The Ultimate One-Day Field Trip is not available in early January.
- School Program — 40 - 50 minutes
- Object Theatre — 15 - 30 minutes
- IMAX® Film* — 50 minutes
- Planetarium Experience* — 50 minutes
- Student — $29
- Supervising Adult — $24
- Additional Adult — $39
Supervising adults are those necessary to meet the recommended student/supervisor ratio. Any adults over the recommended ratio will be charged the additional adult rate.
Extend your educational experience into the stars! Your students will be immersed in the sciences of the universe. Led by our scientists, this high-tech, multimedia experience is designed to complement the space curriculum while sparking an interest in the world beyond our planet. Using high-quality imagery and audio, the Planetarium brings to life your students' journey through space.
The Science North IMAX® Theatre has a full library of films to choose from for morning time slots. Schools may also book regularly scheduled films in the afternoon public schedule.
*Closed until further notice.
Your group will be provided a reserved seating area for lunch. Choose lunch from the options as indicated below. Your pre-ordered lunch is prepared and delivered to your group in your reserved seating area.
Note: Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Please request at time of booking.
- Whole fruit
- 1% milk
- Individual cheese portion
- Grilled chicken (2oz.) sandwich on whole grain bread
- Slice of pizza (pepperoni or cheese)
- Bag of chips or a small salad
- Beverage (300ml)
A non-refundable deposit of $300 per school group is required to confirm your booking. This deposit is waived for Member schools. Full payment is required upon arrival at Science North or Dynamic Earth. Please bring a cheque, VISA or MasterCard to pay the full amount of the invoice, less your deposit. Cheques are to be made payable to Science North and include your school’s name, invoice number, and visit date.