Welcome back to Science North for the 2020-2021 school year!
As we work our way through the COVID-19 pandemic, it is no surprise that we are currently in a world of constant flux. Science North has continued to watch the situation carefully while considering how the directives and recommendations from health and government officials will affect school visits and educational planned programming for the 2020/21 school year.
We remain committed to safely supporting school boards, teachers, and students while engaging classrooms with science in the world around them. As such, we have made some updates to our school programming this year.
School visits at Science North and Dynamic Earth are suspended until further notice, however, we are happy to support your classroom teachings in a variety of ways, including synchronous learning opportunities, as well as online resources and activities.
- Synchronous learning is available for teachers whether you are teaching in class or at a distance. Choose from Science North’s library of e-workshops and give your students an experiential learning opportunity.
- Free Coding E-workshops are available through video conferencing.
- Online resources such as Science at Home and our Educator Resources hub are available 24/7 to support you this school year.
- SHSM offerings are available virtually or we can come to your classroom.
- Teacher Workshops are available virtually. Choose from Science North’s library of teacher workshops and we will provide you with the resources and know-how to complete hands-on science activities.
- A Free Microbit Teacher Workshop is available for grade 9 and 10 teachers.
- Sunset to Sunrise Camp-Ins are suspended until March 31, 2021.
- Home School Memberships are suspended until early 2021.
Whether in-person or virtually, we look forward to welcoming your class for the new school year!
We will be updating this webpage and sending emails with the latest educational news as the school year progresses. Keep checking for updates or sign up to receive our monthly teacher newsletter.